250g unsalted butter
200g to 300g of sugar, depending on the sweetness of the banana
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 tablespoons milk
1 and a 1/2 cups of mashed bananas, roughly about 4 bananas
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Cream the butter and sugar until well mixed and then add in the eggs, essence, milk and mix well again.
2. Add in the mashed bananas and mix well.
3. Sift the flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Fold in the flour mixture.
5. Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 1 hour. If you feel that the cake is browning too quickly, cover it with an aluminium foil.
What’s On My Mind…
I mean, seriously, banana cakes are one of the easiest cakes to bake and you get a really moist and delicious end product, but more often than not, we can’t get the sweetness and consistency right due to the changes in the moisture and sugar in the banana itself. Nevertheless, this recipe is great and you should try it. You get a relatively huge cake from this recipe, so I would suggest using half a portion of the ingredients to get a smaller cake. My mum first tried this recipe and later, she shared it with me. She found it on a website called bakericious.blogspot.com.