250g of butter
220g of sugar
100ml of orange juice
100ml of milk
1/2 teaspoon of orange essence
300g of self-raising flour
2 teaspoons of rosemary
zest of 2 oranges
1. Cream the butter with a blender till it is fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and blend well.
3. Add the milk, juice and essence into the batter and mix well.
4. Fold in the flour followed by the rosemary and zest.
5. Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 40 minutes.
What’s On My Mind…
This cake was requested by a friend and I just wanted to try it out to see how it would taste. Turns out, it is a really unique cake which blends the aroma of the rosemary and the tanginess of the orange juice to give a very special taste to this cake. This recipe was shared by my friend too but I am not too sure where it was from.